In order to operate effectively and fulfil its legal obligations, The Formula One Group needs to collect, maintain and use certain personal information about current, past and prospective employees, customers, suppliers and other individuals with whom it has dealings. All such personal information, whether held on computer, paper or other media, will be obtained, handled, processed, transported and stored lawfully and correctly under the Data Protection Act 1998 ( DPA ).
The Formula One Group is committed to the eight principles of data protection as detailed in the DPA.
In order to comply with the data protection principles, The Formula One Group will:
- Observe fully all conditions regarding the fair collection and use of personal information
- Meet its legal obligations to specify the purpose for which information is used
- Collect and process appropriate personal information only to the extent that is needed to fulfil operational needs or top comply with legal obligations
- Ensure the quality of the personal information used
- Apply strict checks to determine the length of time personal information is held
- Ensure that individuals about whom information is held are able to exercise their rights under the DPA, including their own personal information, the right to prevent processing in certain circumstances and the right to correct, rectify, block or erase incorrect information
- Take appropriate technical and organisational security measures to safeguard personal information
- Ensure that personal information is not transferred outside the EEA without suitable safeguards